My buddy Aaron Snow recently recommended this site to his blog readers. One of his friends has developed a great online tool for journaling and praying. I’ve been using it for a week, and it’s been really good.
You have several “Examen” choices:
- Old Testament Examen: you read through a pre-selected Old Testament passage and journal about it.
- New Testament Examen: same as the Old Testament Examen, but for the New Testament.
- Gospel Examen: same as the above, but passages are taken from Gospels–the biographies of Jesus (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)
- Journal Examen: this is an “unguided” examen–you can simply journal, or you can look up any Scripture you want and (like the two options above) journal about it.
- Prayer Examen: I haven’t used this one yet.
- Center Out Prayer Examen: you journal out your prayers in five steps–yourself, your family, your close relationships, your culture, the world. I’ve used this one, and it’s really effective.
There are a few thing that could make the site better, but they are very minor. If you (like me) have tried journaling in the past but have had trouble keeping up with it, this may help you. It has helped me. Check it out.
Have you used any other online tools to help with your time with God? If so, share them in the comment section.