Each Monday, I’m going to post a brief summary of what we’ve done the previous week in relation to expanding the kingdom of God in Greenville. So here’s what happened the week of June 14…
- Have been doing some (well, at least according to our marketing people) some groundbreaking work for the company I work for. I’m working on getting into churches to both promote hospice as a resource for them and for them to be a resource for us in the area of volunteers. Had a great meeting thise week with my buddy Tim Turner about our company partnering with his church. I’ve got a meeting with their mens group, adult Sunday School class, a blood drive, an entire Sunday service in November, and a golf tournament in May 2010 to raise money for our foundation lined up. And that’s just with one church!
- Preached at Christ’s Church today. It was a lot of fun. It was intense. It was really cool.
- Had our second gathering of those who will be a part of our first simple church. There were five of us (plus three kids). Some relationships are really starting to gel. This is going to be so cool…
- Finished a baptism video for two of the people who’ll be helping us out. Here it is:
This week, pray for:
- Our weekly get-togethers, that they will start to become second nature to those who are going to be a part of our first simple church.
- Trevor and Rachel Lofton, who will be moving here in July from Knoxville. They’ve found housing, but no jobs yet. Pray that they’ll find jobs.
- More relationship building–that we’ll meet new people and start building new friendships with those far from God. I’ve got some ideas for doing that.
- My wife Laura did quit her job last week. She has an interview later today, and some other options with some other home health agencies.