Each Monday, I’m going to post a brief summary of what we’ve done the previous week in relation to expanding the kingdom of God in Greenville. So here’s what happened the week of July 13-19:
- Had a DJ at a local radio station offer to give our company free air time to talk about hospice and our blood drive that we’re hosting on August 1. I get to go on the air with our marketer on Monday morning. Should be a wild and crazy time!
- Got to hang out with some peeps from our sprouting house church on Wednesday. We’re going to start the next step of the process in the next several weeks.
- Played some disc golf with Evan, the dude I’ll be mentoring. He brought a friend along that he really wants to see get connected to Jesus.
- Had one of the most profound experiences of my young hospice chaplain career. If you didn’t read about it on Friday, click here.
- Read through Revelation for the first time in awhile this week. For the first time, the crazy stuff didn’t stick out to me. Jesus did. Very cool.
- Had a really significant conversation with Tim Turner of Christ’s Church this week. It’s cool to hang out with a guy who’s got a ton of experience, and who thinks the same about kingdom stuff even though his approach is different. God is definitely moving in Greenville. Will post more of my thoughts later this week. Our hangout took place at East Coast Wings… a possible great place for a new church to sprout. Gonna be hanging out there more often.
- My mother-in-law had knee replacement surgery on Monday. Laura and the girls stayed with her over the weekend to help out. She’s doing very well and is already talking about having her other knee replaced in a few months.
- Went to University Church of Christ on Sunday, where Stewart Woodley preaches. Stewart’s a great guy, and has some seriously great wit in the pulpit.
This week, please pray for:
- Our sprouting church. We’ve got some cool people, and they’re ready to take the next step.
- I want to meet 2-3 guys to invest myself in over the next 6-12 months and beyond–to mentor and disciple. Not Christian guys, but guys who need Jesus. I’m thinking through how and where I’ll meet them. I want to spend more time with less people, and by doing so, increase the impact of the gospel through multiplied and multiplying disciples.
- Laura’s job situation. Laura’s got a job, but they’re dragging their feet getting her onto a regular schedule. Hoping and praying that happens this week or next. She’s also applied for a PRN (as needed) position at my company. She’s thinking about doing one shift a week with us, and two shifts a week with the other company.