Each Monday, I’m going to post a brief summary of what we’ve done the previous week in relation to expanding the kingdom of God in Greenville. So here’s what happened the week of August 10– August 16:
- Had an extremely busy week at work. Our company is growing, which means I (and everyone else) gets busier. I was able to make some great progress with a few patients in regards to their faith. We also did an office picnic down at Pamilico Beach. The view was amazing, and the time spent with co-workers outside of work was really cool.
- I’ve started some initial work on my second book.
- My parents came down from VA for the weekend. Got my deck furniture… and now I can break into my humidor.
- Our sprouting simple church met on Sunday morning. While the dude I’m mentoring, Evan, couldn’t make it back from college, everyone else (plus my parents) made it. It’s really cool–the people we have are either brand new Christians or people who haven’t practiced their faith in years, and it seems like everyone is fitting in beautifully. They’re more than willing to jump into discussions and contribute. Time will now tell how this new church develops. I’m looking forward to what God does.
- Looking forward to a few days of vacation at the end of the week. My ladies are already there, so I’m chillin’ at the house.
This week, pray for:
- My mentoring relationship with Evan. I need to get set up with a webcam and Skype so we can do some long-distance stuff. Modern technology is wonderful.
- Looking for ways to impact Greenville. As I’ve posted before, my realtor has given me some leads on some ways to mentor others, specifically through the school system and with the police department. I need to follow up on those things.
- Our church as we continue to sprout. I challenged everyone to find a person to impact with the gospel this week, whether through words or actions, and we would talk about it next week. We’re asking God to open our eyes to opportunities that are presented to us everyday.