Each Monday, I’m going to post a brief summary of what we’ve done the previous week in relation to expanding the kingdom of God in Greenville. So here’s what happened the week of September 14 – September 20:
- I fell off the blogging bandwagon for a couple of days. It’s been a crazy, busy, intense, even emotional week. I didn’t have time to write, and I really didn’t feel like it most days. A break like that is needed every once in awhile.
- We hung out with some new friends this week. They’re super fabulously cool. We share interests in music, movies, children, and hot pockets.
- Had to do a funeral for one of my patients this week. Although it was tough to do, it was cool to see the effect that our office has on the lives of families.
- Been reading through Exodus. The thing that keeps hitting me is this: stick to the pattern. It helped me see things in my life that have drifted off God’s pattern that need to be repented from.
- Met with our first simple church on Sunday evening. We’re struggling to get into a rhythm, so I talked a bit about being more intentional and developing a rhythm for our Sunday get-togethers (things that are important to that time) that will help us through the week as we continue letting the Spirit develop our church’s rhythm.
- Chicago beat Pittsburgh 17-14. All is right with the world.
This week, please pray for:
- Developing relationships. We’ve got some new friends, and I have some new contacts that could lead to some really cool things.
- The folks in our first church. That we can help them develop a rhythm for living like Jesus.