It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update on what’s going on here in G-Vegas, and there’s been some really cool stuff developing.
- We’ve been meeting on Monday nights with several other couples who are on staff at various churches in G-Vegas. It’s been great for us, giving us the connection and community we need as we continue to plant seeds and wait to see if others sprout. We’ve helped some people with their ministries, and we’ve had some great conversations. It’s evolving nicely.
- Having some great conversations with a buddy about the nature of the church and how we can do more to live more missionally. Some cool things are starting to take shape from these conversations.
- There’s a family we’ve become good friends with that we’ve been trying to get together with to talk spiritual things for four months–and something always comes up. Their kid projectile vomited in their car on the way over here. One of their parents had to be hospitalized on another day we had planned to get together. This week, my mom-in-law had to be in the hospital. Doing a lot of praying, asking God what’s up, and to clear the roadblocks.
- Had a great conversation last Friday with a black preacher in town who preaches at a multi-racial church just south of Greenville. Some big dreams shared and talked about, and some cool meetings to come as we talk and pray about racial reconciliation through the gospel in this city.
- Finally nailed down a day to do the mentor training for the re-entry program I posted about some time ago. For those of you who may not know or remember what I’m talking about, there’s a brand new re-entry program where mentors go into a local prison to mentor non-violent offenders who will be released in 90 days. These are all prisoners from Pitt County (where G-Vegas is located), which means this could be HUGE for the kingdom. Chompin’ at the bit to get started!
- Some really innovative things are taking place with my job. I recently, with the help of a staff person at a local church, got a buddy hooked up with a Sunday School class via Skype. That’s just the start…
Please continue to pray for us as we continue to strive to make disciples of Jesus and be agents of the kingdom of God here in G-Vegas.