Walking the Road: 6/1/10 Edition

Every Monday, I’m going to post links to some thought provoking blogs I’ve read in the past week from people who are trying to follow Jesus.  Some posts I agree with; others I don’t.  Either way, they stirred my thinking.  I hope they’ll do the same for you.

We Have a Statistical Problem and The Shrinking 40% from Leading Smart (Tim Stevens)
An interesting two-part series on what is becoming an increasing problem for the American church.  It’s been estimated that 40 percent of people in our culture might go to a traditionally structured church on a Sunday morning.  This group is shrinking.  That leaves 60 percent or more of people in our culture that will not step foot inside a traditionally structured church–no matter how cool or “relevant” we make it.  Combine that with the fact that a great majority of growing churches aren’t growing by people becoming Christians, but people transferring from other churches.  I know that more traditionally structured churches will look to do more to reach the sixty percent, but I fear most will simply increase their efforts to attract more people to their Sunday event, which totally misses the point.

When Life Beats You Down from Stream of Thought
Some needed reflections for the tough times of life.

The Wine Jesus Drank from Desiring God
Some cool thoughts stemming from the two kinds of wine offered to Jesus on the cross.

God, Give Me You from Stream of Thought
A good post on moving from asking God for more of what we want to simply wanting more of God.

Advertisements

About Aaron

Aaron is a follower of Jesus. He's married to his smokin' hot wife Laura and is the father of three adorable girls. He enjoys a robust cigar, a complex root beer, a good movie, writing, football, thought-provoking books, and rousing discussions about subjects you're not supposed to talk about (like theology and politics). Religious people irritate him (because he once was one). He's on a quest to find the perfect dry rub and sauce for ribs.
This entry was posted in Intentional Random Thoughts, Walking the Road. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s